Wednesday, May 8, 2019

A Special Birthday Wish


I can't believe it's already Wednesday... seems like time goes by so quick these days.  

I had some fun yesterday working in my craftroom making up samples with the new Vintage Treasure dies and i loved how this one came out so i had to share it first.  I ordered some new papers from Kaisercraft and this one had a bit of a silver sheen running through it so i thought it would be fun to make a fancy birthday card to send out.  I wanted the gorgeous design in the top die to stand out so i cut that one in the muted silver paper and then added layers underneath to make it all work together.  Of course ribbons and rhinestones are always a good idea too.


This is one of my favorite dies in the collection because of the beautiful design in the top die.  It's just so pretty and after adding the second circle under it in white i got out one of my older dies called Curled Grace Oval and cut that out in silver to go under the top medallion to add just a touch more silver.  And i think it finishes it off rather well. 
Here is the die set so that you can see all the fun pieces that it has in it to use.  The sample i did for the packaging was supposed to look more like a piece of vintage jewelry but as you can see with just a change of paper you can create a whole new look for a different style of card.  It's what i really love about these dies, there is so much that you can do with them.


And here you can see all the details.  Doesn't that rhinestone button look perfect on it? I really love the muted silver paper i used for the dies on the card.  I think the mirror card would be too overpowering and this subtle silver just gives it that special kind of femininity and vintage feel to it. 

Thank you so much for stopping by... and don't forget to stop back Sunday for our Blog hop!!

Hugs and Smiles... Teresa


Supplies:

Stamps: Penny Black Sentiments
Papers: Kaisercraft Two Souls 6x6 paper pad
Adhesives:  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

2 comments:

  1. Your card is quite beautiful and you have made me want to add this one to my stash! Love all the layers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS BEAUTIFUL, Teresa! I like the muted silver too. All those layers look WONDERFUL & just compliment each other SO WELL! I think those new KaiserCraft papers paid off too! A BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...