Saturday, May 26, 2018

We have tomorrows for a reason


As promised our team gets to start creating lots of fun projects for you to get inspired by this week and the weeks ahead.  Today i used one of my favorite new dies called "Shapabilites Florished Square Etched Die by Becca Feeken and Spellbinders".  I really wanted to make this feminine and a bit fancy too so i used soft shades of ivory, robins's egg blue and green to make my card.


 For the layers in my card i cut a backround in the darker blue to start as my base on the ivory and then on top of that i layered 2 rows of fancy lace i had in my stash.  Then a layered a lighter blue piece of the fancy swirls part of the die with 3D foam dots.  For the sentiment i cut and embossed the smaller die piece and put it at an angle and then stamped it in black and sponged a light blue ink around the edges of the frame to pop it out.  This really made all the gorgeous angles in the die stand out more I think.


And then just because you all know that i love to add other dies from the collection, i added these gorgeous swirled corners to the corners of my card in the matching light blue.  I really think this made the card that much more feminine and pretty.  All i needed was a simple ivory bow and a flower to finish it.


And that little die i used up on my card came from this adorable tag set so of course i had to make up a few tags with the scraps that i had left over.  The stamps on these are from Stampendous and the tag set is called " Shapabilites Swirl Tag Etched Dies by Becca Feeken".  I adore these little dies and they would be really cute to add to the front of your cards or boxes and bags too.  But that is a whole other post for me I think i will work on for later.... :)  I hope you liked my die cut inspiration for the day and be sure and check the other girls on the team to see what they have to share with you!

Have a wonderful day..... Teresa

Spellbinders:

Paper: Bazzil Basics Card Stock
Stamps by Penny Black and Stampendous

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Teresa, for the beautiful inspiration. Love your use of color!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...