Friday, September 13, 2013

Stickpin Glitz and Glam Day...

Today I want to share something I had alot of fun doing
this week.  If you don't all know, Spellbinders came out
with these beautiful Media Mixage Stickpins that come in silver and bronze
that you can fill with yummy glitters, metals, beads and anything
else that you might have laying around in your craft rooms.
And i did just that --I raided my old jewelry and got lots of things out
and created all the stickpins that I am going to share with you today.

 These are my fancy ones that I did with old pieces of jewelry 
and jewelry backings and I added some extra Want2Scrap bling on them.
The top right one I used some of the copper metals and filled it
with sprockets, a key and bits of glitter.

These were fun to do because they have
a new paint that you can paint metals with from Deco Art
called Dazzling Metallics paint in 6 gorgeous metal colors
and I cut/embossed the piece inside the turquoise one and
 painted the stickpin and I painted the metal that I cut/embossed inside.
How fun to change the colors right?
The pink one is an old earring and I used pink glitter and glossy accents
that dried really quick.  And the flower I just added on a pin.

 These are all the beautiful Media Mixage Metal Embossing
plates that you can use to create paper embossing magic
on metals like the pin up above. They are just gorgeous.

I really love this set.. I mixed bits of jewelry backings
and seed beads and Stickles on some of them.
Pretty much anything I could find around and
it was really, really fun..


These are some of the things that I used. Spellbinders
Media Mixage Foils and Metal Packs that you can buy
with different colors in them and they also carry the tiny
dies that you can use to cut things out to fit in the bezel
stickpins and and the jewelry too.  It makes it really easy.
To fill the extra space under the dies I used the foam dots.

Lots and lots of fun glittery things from my stash.

Here is a photo of all the stickpins together.
My favorite is the big butterfly and I like the little
metal flowers with the circle centers filled with glitter.


Thanks so much for stopping over and be sure and try some of these 
fun and easy to do stickpins for your cards and boxes and anything
else that you might want to add something pretty to!!

Hugs and Smiles everyone.. Teresa

7 comments:

  1. Wow Teresa you have been busy! fabulous stuff- can't wait to see them used on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, your stick pins are Gorgeous!! So many beautiful details!! Love them!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teresa! I'm commenting from San Francisco tonight, we arrived a few hours ago :) I love these stick pins, they are gorgeous! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments... they were really fun to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing, just gorgeous for any projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Didn't know there were stick pins to decorate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...