Friday, September 22, 2017

Cardmaker/Quietfire Blog Hop today



Welcome to our blog hop with CardMaker Magazine today!  We have lots of beautiful projects to share with all of you so grab a cup of tea and enjoy all the inspiration.....

And...Make sure you leave a comment on every blog because there will be a $50 Quietfire Gift certificate awarded randomly to one lucky commenter.  All the comments should be made by midnight PST on Sunday, September 24, 2017 and the lucky winner will be announced shortly afterwards. Good luck everyone and enjoy all the cards.  And if you are hopping in the right order you should have stopped over by way of the wonderful and very talented Clare Prezzia .....

I am really happy with my card and it was so fun to make.  My beginnings for it were from the new "Quietfire Design" stamp set called "A Rustle in the Wind".  This set contains 2 sentiment stamps and 2 cute add on designs that will really spark your creativity.  I chose to use the "See the Magic" one since i worked at Disneyland.  My papers are simple ivory, pink and green card stock that went with a piece of my favorite paper from Basic Grey.  I had lots of flowers in my stash too so I added them on both of the sides so that brought out all the colors in the paper and really framed the sentiment nicely.


The dies i used for the border under the sentiment are from Spellbinders and Becca Feeken .  She has some brand new border dies so i created a fun design with the Graceful Scallops set on the base of the card in ivory and just added a simple oval over it.  It makes it pretty and feminine and the little touches of Diamond Stickles give it that little bit of magical sparkle that i wanted.  This would be a great sentiment for a family Disney page too.

I also had time to do a second card with a brand new die from the release and another new stamp set.


For this card i used one of the new dies in the Elizabeth Craft Collection called "Flourished Frame"     and a new stamp also by Suzanne Cannon and Elizabeth Craft called "A bit of Fragrance".  These new stamps are clear and you get alot of them in each set so this is really fun and exciting for Quietfire.  And they work amazing too.  Super clear stamping and easy to add to all of your projects.

To make my card i used some Ruby Rock-it papers that i had in my stash to create a pretty colored base and then cut the printed aqua paper with the border die.  I glued all that down and then stamped my sentiment in black versafine ink by Tsukineko.  It comes in lots of colors so it's always a good staple to have on hand to stamp with.   Then i just added a beautiful flower garden to go under my stamp to finish it up.  Oh and the Butterfly die is also a new set that you can find here.  My mom loved butterflies and flowers so this one is dedicated to her !!  


Here is a closeup of the stamp and the flowers just so that you can see it better.

So i guess it's time to hop on over to the next artist Yogi Grunwald

Here is a complete list of names just in case you get lost or need to start at the beginning.

Yogi Grunwald   http://yogiemp.blogspot.ca/
Gaylynn Martling: https://neatnook.blogspot.com/
Yvonne van de Grijp http://phoebeez.blogspot.ca/ 
Nicole Coursey: http://tealkatsblog.com/
 Thank you so much for hopping along with us and don't forget to leave a comment and share your favorite new Quietfire stamp with all of us...  Happy Friday!!












32 comments:

  1. Oh my, Teresa...your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card, Teresa! Love the design of both of them!!! Your flower arrangements are gorgeous on both cards, and I love the butterfly in the with the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards, especially the Magic one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just exquisite!! Love the soft colors with the sweet sentiments. Your flowers add such a romantic touch.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these cards are magical! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the use of your flower embellishments. CarmenG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa, both cards are right down my alley! My hubby says I was born in the wrong era. I love the colors, layout and just the overall beauty you've created on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both are beautiful. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards! love the sentiments and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card in dedication to your mom. I love the sentiments in both. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the feminine touches on these cards...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, so feminine and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Loving the sentiments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really lovely cards. The colours you chose really work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sentiments and flowers on these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your first shabby chic card and then I saw the second one! Love it too - what a great idea of having those butterfly wings peak out from under those flowers. It's an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, I love that sentiment. I'll have to put that one on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cards are so elegant and beautiful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. I like the flower embellishments and the dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!! Becca Feeken Dies are PAIRED PERFECTLY with Quiet Fire Design Sentiments! Your first card is JUST GORGEOUS with the flowers & dies! I can see Cinderella in my mind's eye with flowers in her hair as she cleans.... ;) AND your second card is EQUALLY AS LOVELY! SO NICE to remember your mother this way, you MUST BE thinking of her & missing her? (((HUGS!))) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is definitely Magic in this card and I love the flourish on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards, Teresa. I really like the butterfly one - something about that DP used behind the sentiment and framed with the flourishes just makes it so unexpected and striking! Intrigued that you once worked at Disneyland. I often think my craft room is The Happiest Place on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are so
    lovely and love the
    layers and flowers.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card..the flowers, the saying the format...This deserves to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is so feminine and beautiful - perfect for a special lady!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...