Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Amazing Paper Grace Thinking Outside of the Box Blog Hop



We're so excited!  For months we've been bringing you creative ways to use your dies to make stunning cards.  Not today!!  Today, we're showing you how to make anything but a card.  Becca issued us the challenge that our creative team could pick any die and not use it in the way in was originally intended. What that means for you is everything we are showing today is pretty much outside of the box.  Dies are meant for this kind of inspiration and as you hop around, you'll be amazed at some gorgeous creations that will have your head shaking.  Yes there are prizes, but but have your gift list sitting by so that you can pick out the next gifts you might be making for someone special.

I'll tell you a little bit about my creation and will share a link list below so that you can see the creations of each person on the Creative Team as well as information on how three lucky people can win Amazing Paper Grace Dies.


Here's where I tell you about my creation.  I love border dies, any kind and any style.  For my project today i wanted it to just be a subtle embossing effect in the paper.  So i cut thepaper and the die cuts in the same color and wow did it ever come out amazing.  It took my simple recipe box to a whole new level.  The gorgeous paper colors are from the recipe cards that actually came with the box so when you open it you will see not only the recipe cards but the pretty index cards with the die cuts too.


And of course i had to make up some flowers in matching colors to go on it.  For this i used the Cinch and Go die set and cut them in light pink and a darker pink.  Then i inked them with Distress inks and Versacolor inks because when i spray them with water to curl the edges i wanted the ink to bleed.


For each of my flower sets i sprayed them with just a bit of water and then used the ball tools in sizes to fit to press and curl the edges of each.  When they were completely dry i put a small amount of glue in the center of each and glued them together.  Then i added a pretty pearl in each.



And this is how they all came out.  And i made lots of them since i wasn't sure how many i would need in my flower spray for the top.


Since i adore roses this was really fun to make.  


Here is a quick view of the embossed die i used for the front, back and side panels.


And here is a view of the box and the inserts.  Since the dies are so intricately made and have so much incredible embossing on them i ran a darker pink chalk pad over the raised part of the index cards to make the design pop more.  There is another way to do this but i will share it later.




How to Win:
Hop around to each Creative Team Member and leave a comment on each blog, three lucky winners will win a die of their choice from the Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Elegance Collection.    In making the rounds, a comment should be left on the August 15th Blog Post of each Creative Team member - in your comments let us know if there is a project you would consider making.  

When to Check Back:
We'll pick and post the winners on Saturday August 19th on the Amazing Paper Grace Blog.

How to Claim:
The winner has two weeks from the time the blog post is published to claim their die.  Simply click on the contact tab at the top right hand corner of the Amazing Paper Grace blog, leave your mailing address and type the name of the die you'd like.  Becca will be sending out the winning die.  Please give us a month, we'll get it to you, promise!

Who can Play:
Any of our lovely readers including our international friends.

To start thinking Outside of the Box, hop to:

Visit Becca      -  at amazingpapergrace.com/blog/
Visit Melissa  – at keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com
Visit Teresa    -  at victorianpaperqueen.com
Visit Anita      – at craftingforever-anita.blogspot.com
Visit Kristi      – at kristispapercreations.blogspot.com
Visit Joanna   – at joannakrog.blogspot.com

P.S.  These are all gifts you can make, yes you!! Please feel free to ask questions of all the designers in their comments because we all love to mentor readers through making wonderful gifts for their families.
Supplies:

Paper: Bazzill Cardstock
Dies:  Graceful Floral Lace, Cinch and Go Flowers, Bitty Blossoms, Foliage
Recipe Box: Hobby Lobby
Inks: Distress ink (worn lipstick), Versacolor Petal Pink/Pink, Prima Old Rose
Adhesive pearls: Want 2 Scrap
Ribbon, glue dots, adhesive, paper trimmer, scissors

Thanks again for stopping by and have lots of fun on our hop!!

Big Hugs.... Teresa

79 comments:

  1. Beautiful box and awesome flowers great pictures to love it and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Your flowers are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and feminine recipe box. What cook wouldn't want one. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, look at all these lovely flowers and styled so beautifully. A recipe box anyone would love to receive as a gift. Adding the border dies put the box in a higher level of beauty. You even made index cards for the inside. You have thought of everything. I can see myself trying to make one of these - for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOUW another piece of art here, and soo beautiful created. A very useful and wonderfulk gift to a daughter or a friend, who´s about to start her own household, or just to share your own favorit recipees with a dear friend maybe. A wonderful gift idea, that´s for sure and sooo beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the dies. Super recipe box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful centerpiece for your kitchen counter! It would almost entice me to actually cook something! Lol. You have some slick flower-making skills, girl. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That recipe box is awesome. I love the colors and of course you make the prettiest flowers ever. I would definitely make this box if I had all those dies. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love, love, love the flowers and am definitely going to try making some. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something else to have made for any unexpectd gift to have on hand! Don't know of any lady who would not love to receive this as a gift!!
    Hugs
    Ann Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a very beautiful gift and a fantastic tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I love box sets and this recipe box is adorable! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant. I love to make boxes and decorate them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful set and very pretty flowers!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love border dies, too. Your flowers are so dainty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this project!
    This will make a lovely gift.
    Great job and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Teresa, I love this project!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful box!
    Love the die you have used :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this recipe box and would like to make one of these! But, I need the Cinch and Go dies, before I can make:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a. Thanks. beautiful gift for a wedding shower

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Teresa,
    Your recipe box is fantastic! I can also see how gift boxes can be decorated this way so that they are reusable. People hate to "ruin" the gift wrap on packages and this would be a way to present a beautiful gift and leave the 'wrap' in tact. I love the way that you made the divider cards fancy, too.
    Thank you for these lovely ideas!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice effect & the flowers really make a statement. You are patient to do all those :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous project. I would like to try to do this for a wedding shower and have the attendees all bring a favorite recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Flowers are beautiful. Very good idea, I would make the box to hold cards.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Teresa what a lovely recipe box you have made and your flowers are incredible and just like the whole idea of this. Thank you.
    Hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Exquisite Teresa,
    Than you.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this lovely recipe box and you make the flower making look so easy!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, Teresa really knocked this one out of the ball park. I had the Graceful Floral Lace die on my wishlist and been hunting for inspiration. Well I got it! And going to buy it. It is simply a beautiful die. And her approach to the cinch and go flower die....ug-oh...somebody's excited. Lol.

      Delete
    2. She really did an oh my goodness project and made the Floral Lace sing!

      Delete
  28. What a comprehensive tutorial!!! I love the flowers and will sit tonight and create as you have so inspired me. Just in time to make a nice box for a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sooo beautiful! I love the colors too. I have some catching up to do on cards, but this will be on my list to make. Must practice those pretty roses tho...mine need work! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful with the border dies, and the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful box and stunning flowers. So different!
    Doreen R

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely die you've used from this beautiful collection. Such a pretty box to keep and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great idea to pretty up a recipe box. Nothing like having pretty everywhere you turn. Love your flowers they look so easy. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  34. This recipe box is gorgeous, love the embossing, and the flowers on top. Christine S

    ReplyDelete
  35. The recipe box is too pretty for recipes!! The Cinch and Go flowers are calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  36. love this recipe box. the flowers are gorgeous. mine never quite look that good. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW Teresa!!!! I think your recipe box is GORGEOUS!!! I JUST ordered that Boarder Die too! LOL WHAT STUNNING WORK you've done here! If this matches your kitchen, you have SOME KITCHEN then!! I LOOOOOVE the flowers you've created too! I'm thinking, I NEED those Flower Dies now! Just wait till my hubby hears that! LOL ;) GORGEOUS, STUNNING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)(I think I'd save that recipe box for "SPECIAL" RECIPES!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic recipe cards and holder! Love the pink hues and those gorgeous layered flowers. Such a feast for the eyes! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful recipe card file. Love the flowers on the top. I still need to practice making flowers as mine don't look like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous recipe card box. I love everything about it. Thanks for the tip about running ink over the raised embossing on the cards. It is a subtle difference with huge impact.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty box!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Smooches Vee

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a wonderful recipe box! Your flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Boxed to perfection....another wonderful way to use the dies. Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow how cool is that. I love the box what detais and colors thanks. I have so many ideas to use thus die.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty, love love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is absolutely beautiful!! I'd love to make several of these as gifts for my cousins with some of grandma's recipes in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful be recipe box and flowers! Thank you for the step by step for the flowers. Maybe I'll get up the courage to try making some!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love this recipe box. It is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the flowers...the box is so pretty I would find another use for it....

    ReplyDelete
  50. Recipe box is so beautiful and flowers too...

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is so creative! I love that you added embossing using die cuts and your flowers are perfect! Thank you for this new idea!
    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  52. I absolutely loved this beautiful project! It's so feminine and who wouldn't love to own a recipe box like this. Your project is amazing and something that even I could create. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This project has given me an idea for a project! Make a box for all occasion cards and now I know exactly how to decorate it. Thanks for the great idea! ��

    ReplyDelete
  54. So beautiful!! I love the flower spray.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh My Gosh....this is absolutely gorgeous! I have these dies and I need to get them back out. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is so beautiful! It could be made in a larger size to hold handmade cards as well...so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh that is so beautiful. Love the tone on tone colors on the base.
    I could definitely give this one a try too. A Becca die would of course be the center piece!

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a clever way to use these dies! I love this idea, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love your flowers and use of the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely box.would love to make book box with it

    ReplyDelete
  61. OMG! Teresa, you are just on time using the Graceful Floral Lace die. Although on my wishlist, needed to see more of its use. This is what design teams are for and Becca is blessed to have you. I simply love the flower spray and the box. Possibilities galore=inspiration. Thank you for participating in the Blog Hop and also giving a well done tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I like how you turned this recipe box into something to treasure! An interesting way to use border dies.

    ReplyDelete
  63. OH goodness, Teresa! This might be the most beautiful recipe box set I've ever laid eyes on! It certainly is top shelf and I love every stunning detail! What a wonderfully inspiring project!!! Thank you so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a great way to give an embossed look to your recipe box. I never thought to die cut in the same color as the background but I love this look.
    This would be a fun way to give a gift because it would be two gifts in one.

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is so elegant! I love it when my flowers match my projects. So many wonderful ideas! Lovely! hugs, treen

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful. What a cute idea. Love the flowers. Would make great cards also.

    ReplyDelete
  67. What a marvelous idea. I never thought about using this die this way. I love the way your think. The flowers are beautiful one of my favorite accents to a card and now I get to use them on a box. Thank you for your inspiration. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Beautiful project! Love the dies you used!

    ReplyDelete
  69. This is my favorite on this blog-hop at least so far, I LOVE this recipe box!!! Fantastic and so classy, elegant die-cuts plus beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Orchard packaging is offering the high standard quality of Custom Lipstick Boxes . We incorporate good quality packaging of the products to make them look stylish in the market world. We have a team of experts to provide their expertise. Besides, we have up-to-date technology for good finishing details. Thus, to get the high-quality custom printing of the product, contact us. We ensure custom printing at very affordable rates. Hence, to distinguish your product in the market world we are available. We ensure ideal features of Lip Balm Packaging such as trendy prints. Besides, we provide these quality services at very reasonable rates. We have various special offers and discount deals for the customers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...