Thursday, October 4, 2012

Xmas Cards?

I wanted to just make a few cards today and play
which I haven't done for awhile and as I picked up papers 
close to me I ended up today with 2 christmas cards! LOL!
I guess if you go where inspiration leads you-- you never
know what you may end up with!
So today my first card is with one of the prettiest dies
out from Spellbinders called Venetian Motifs S5-119.


 I love the intricate design of this die and with all the tiny 
pieces you can really have fun and create something gorgeous.
For me this seemed perfect to create an ornament adding a
little bit of our silver foil and a few tiny pearls and ribbon.  I used the 
new Card Creator Rectangles to make an embossed backround
for my card and layered the die and added a pretty white bow
onto the top of the ornament.  I don't think my picture really does
this justice but I think this might be in the running for my cards this year.  
The stamp I used is from Penny Black (Christmas Cheer) 
and it's wonderful set because it has so many sentiments to chose from.


My next card was quick and simple and is from
a Christmas Kaisercraft  mini pad of paper.  The patterns are
super cute and it even has tags and borders in the back!  Sometimes
that can be a gift if you are wanting to make something quick!


One of my favorite dies is Spellbinders Lacey Oval and it
was perfect to frame this sentiment in. The rest I just
layered the borders and added a couple of ribbons
tied in a bow and added a couple of stick pins to make it glisten.  

Thanks so much for stopping over today and I 
have lots more to share so be sure and stop back soon.

Hugs and Smiles!

4 comments:

  1. What lovely cards Teresa and two very different ideas..love them both, but at the moment the Venetian dies are my very favourite! Hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards - I have the Venetian dies, so that first one would be easy for me. Though I don't have exactly those papers for the second one, I could still come up with a card that 'echos' yours, so thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I especially like the Venetian Motifs, so elegant and pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are all so sweet and thank you for the lovely comments too!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...